From listmasteranimalgenome.org Wed May 24 11:10:54 2023
Subject: RE: Position for a Scientist in Evolutionary and Population
Genomics in aquatic species
From: "Groenen, Martien" <martien.groenenwur.nl>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 11:10:54 -0500
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and
application letter to: https://tinyurl.com/2dwtrt4c
.From: "Groenen, Martien" <martien.groenenwur.nl>
.Date: Wed, May 24, 2023 at 05:32 AM
.To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
.Subject: Position for a Scientist in Evolutionary and Population Genomics in
We are looking for an enthusiastic new staff member within our group that
will develop a research line in Evolutionary and Population Genomics in
The position initially will be for one year to be extended to a tenured
position upon mutual enthusiasm.
Human activities have greatly impacted freshwater and marine ecosystems. As a
scientist you will contribute to explore insight in how this has affected the
genomic architecture of aquatic species is a prerequisite for their
ecological restoration and genetic management.
At Wageningen University and research we have an challenging position for you
if you have with a clear interest in one or more of the following research
fields: functional genomics, population genomics, evolutionary biology,
aquaculture, animal breeding, and bioinformatics.
You will as scientist contribute to population genomics of aquatic species
this within the chair group Animal Breeding and Genomics
Your duties and responsibilities include:
• participate in research to enable the genetic management and genomic
monitoring of aquatic species in the wild and in aquaculture.
• initiate innovative initiatives in this domain
• participate in teaching related to functional and population genomics.
You will work here
The position is available within Wageningen University & Research Animal
Breeding and Genomics, that combines the activities of Wageningen Livestock
Research and Wageningen University in the field of animal breeding and
genomics. The position is part of the Sector Plan Biology to strengthen
biological research and education at Dutch Universities.
• a PhD degree in a relevant biological field (Genomics, bioinformatics,
developmental biology or evolutionary biology).
Further preferred skills and experience:
• Experience in analyses of whole genome sequence data for functional
• Experience in population and evolutionary genomics
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
• Scientific track record of working with aquatic species.
You also have:
• A strong interest in comparative biological analysis and computational
• A strong interest in population genetic concepts and population
• A strong interest in fundamental and applied research.
• A clear interest in aquatic animal species
• A creative and innovative mindset.
• Good organisational and (written and spoken) communication skills in
English, as well as a proven ability to collaborate with others.
In our international working environment there is an increasing amount of
communication in English. For this position it is about language level C1. If
you do not yet have this level, we will of course help you and you can go to
our language center Wageningen in'to Language
You can see that there are plenty of challenges ahead of you. These
challenges can also be seen as development opportunities. So if you do not
yet have the track-record required in the vacancy, but do have solid work
experience, we would also like to invite you to apply.
We offer you
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few
highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
• sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
• working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the
best possible work-life balance;
• the option to accrue additional compensation / holiday hours by working
more, up to 40 hours per week;
• there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports
facilities available on campus for a small fee;
• a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
• excellent pension scheme.
In addition to these first-rate employee benefits, you will of course receive
a good salary. Depending on your experience, we offer a competitive gross
salary from a minimum of €2.960,- for a full-time working week of 38 hours,
in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreements for Dutch Universities
(CAO-NU) (scale 10). At first, we offer you a one-year contract, , with the
possibility to be extended to a tenured position upon mutual enthusiasm. Of
course, we would be happy to discuss this with you if you have any questions.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement
opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are
plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we
provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position
in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland,
and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the
Netherlands for the 18th consecutive time.
For applicants interested in this position please submit your CV and
application letter at Scientist in Evolutionary and Population Genomics - WUR
With kind regards,
Prof. Dr. Martien A.M. Groenen
Wageningen University & Research
Animal Breeding and Genomics (ABG)
P.O.Box 338, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Wageningen Campus – Radix, building 107, room E.0228
Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 483747
M +31 6 10036314