AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tue May 30 13:20:02 2023
From: "Carlo Pecoraro" <infophysalia-courses.org>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: GWAS course
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 13:20:02 -0500

Dear all,

there are the last seats available for our upcoming Genome-Wide Association
Studies (GWAS) course, designed to equip participants with the essential
knowledge and skills needed to conduct a comprehensive and rigorous GWAS
analysis. Join us for an immersive learning experience that will empower you
to conduct robust and reproducible GWAS studies.

Dates: online, June 5th-9th

Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/.../course49/
In this course, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of
constructing a reliable analysis pipeline for GWAS. You will gain a
comprehensive understanding of the necessary components involved in a typical
GWAS study, enabling you to develop a reusable and reproducible
bioinformatics pipeline.

The course is structured into modules spanning five enlightening days. Each
day will commence with introductory lectures, followed by interactive class
discussions to solidify your grasp of key concepts. The remaining duration of
each day will be dedicated to practical hands-on sessions, ensuring that you
gain practical experience in applying the learned techniques.

Our practical sessions are designed to be engaging and immersive. You will
have the opportunity to observe and mirror exercises demonstrated by our
experienced instructors, allowing you to understand essential skills
effectively. Moreover, you will work individually to complete exercises,
applying the acquired skills under the guidance of our instructors. Following
each exercise, results will be analyzed and discussed as a group,
facilitating a deeper comprehension of the implications.

Course Topics:

- Introduction to Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS)
- Study design and data collection
- Quality control and data preprocessing
- Statistical analysis methods
- Interpretation and visualization of results
- Building a reusable and reproducible bioinformatics pipeline

This course is ideal for students, researchers, and professionals seeking to
enhance their expertise in GWAS. Whether you have limited prior knowledge or
are already familiar with the fundamentals, our course will provide valuable
insights and practical skills to advance your research.

Full list of our courses and Workshops:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops

We look forward to welcoming you to our GWAS course and sharing this exciting
learning experience with you.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
infophysalia-courses.org

Best regards,

Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR
infophysalia-courses.org
mobile: +49 17645230846

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team