CRI-MAP Users Forum Posted mail
From: "Vincent Prieur" <vincent.prieurlimousine.org>
To: Multiple Recipients of Cri-Map Users <crimap-usersanimalgenome.org>
Subject: RE: Marker selection
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 10:18:08 -0500

Hi,

I actually use CRI MAP to estimate some genetics maps using thousands of SNP
markers easily.

First, you may want to set your .gen file by separating the families.  This
will help to make CRI MAP to run a lot faster.

Then I estimate a genetics map for each chromosome. It is very fast if I only
have parents and product genotyped (150 animals spread in 40 families, it
takes a few seconds for the biggest chromosomes, the 1) . When you have some
trios and bigger families, it can be a little bit longer. Maybe you would
separate your chromosomes in two or more subset overlapping each other.

Then once you get the genetic position, you can construct a loess model by
fitting your genetic map on the physical map.

And the last step, applying a prediction to the full data set will give you
the genetics map for every markers. (I did it to build genetics map on the
54K bead chip on sheep and cattle)

My article is not yet published on this. But if you use this method, I will
sent you the reference of my thesis that you could use for the citation please.

Many thanks.

Vincent Prieur
Ingnieur R&D
Service Technique
France Limousin Slection - Ple de Lanaud  87220 BOISSEUIL
http://www.limousine.org