Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Wed Feb 17 10:13:59 2021
From: Frank Nicholas <frank.nicholassydney.edu.au>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: OMIA-Supporters <omia-supportanimalgenome.org>
Subject: OMIA succession plan
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 10:13:59 -0600

Dear members of the OMIA Support Group

As many of you will know, it is now more than 40 years since the off-line
forerunner of OMIA came into existence. I am still in fine health, but that
will not last forever, and for some time now I have been reminding my
immediate colleagues of the need for an OMIA succession plan.

I am pleased to announce that Imke Tammen, who will be known to many of
you, has commenced sharing day-to-day curation duties with me, with a view
to gradually taking on more OMIA responsibilities, until a time is reached
when she will have full responsibility.

I should stress that Imke and I will continue to greatly appreciate the
contributions of other devoted curators, and the many emails sent by you
and others, with suggestions for new entries and/or updating/correcting
existing entries. Please keep those emails rolling in!

Regards

Frank (and Imke)

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program for Applied Bioinformatics.
Contact: Bioinformatics Team
Helpdesk