AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Tue Mar 12 14:37:40 2024
From: "Carlo Pecoraro" <infophysalia-courses.org>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Online course: Introduction to Generalised Linear
       Models in R
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:37:41 -0500

Dear all,

registrations are now open for our Introduction to GLMs in R course!

Dates: online, May 6th-10th

Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/...glm-in-r-1

Introductory statistics often present a series of isolated tests and
procedures (e.g., t-test, ANOVA, ANCOVA, regression). However, many of these
tests can be understood as specific instances of the generalized linear
regression model (GLM). In this course, we will present GLMs as a unified,
comprehensive, and adaptable framework for analyzing various data types. This
includes Normal (Gaussian), binary, and discrete (count) response variables,
incorporating both categorical (factors) and continuous predictors.

For the full list of our courses and workshops, please visit:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/

Best regards,

Carlo

ChatGPTIntroductory statistics often present a series of isolated tests and
procedures (e.g., t-test, ANOVA, ANCOVA, regression). However, many of these
tests can be understood as specific instances of the generalized linear
regression model (GLM). In this course, we will present GLMs as a unified,
comprehensive, and adaptable framework for analyzing various data types. This
includes Normal (Gaussian), binary, and discrete (count) response variables,
incorporating both categorical (factors) and continuous predictors.

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D
Physalia-courses DIRECTOR
infophysalia-courses.org
mobile: +49 17645230846

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team