AnGenMap

Archived Post

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Sun Mar 24 09:55:52 2024
From: "Carlo Pecoraro" <infophysalia-courses.org>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Online course: Introduction to GWAS
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 09:55:52 -0500

Dear all,

We are happy to announce our upcoming course on "Introduction to Genome-Wide
Association Studies (GWAS)"! If you're looking to enhance your skills and
knowledge in GWAS analysis, this course is tailored for you. Whether you are
a student, researcher, or professional, this course will provide you with the
essential tools to confidently navigate the world of GWAS.

**Course Dates:** Onlime, 24-28 June
Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/.../course49/

This comprehensive course will guide you through the entire process of GWAS
data analysis, ensuring that you not only understand the individual steps but
also learn how to create a reproducible and efficient bioinformatics
workflow.

Over the span of five days, our course will cover a range of topics through a
well-structured module-based approach. Each day will commence with
informative lectures, followed by interactive class discussions to solidify
key concepts. Subsequently, you will engage in hands-on practical sessions
designed to foster your skills. These sessions will include both guided
exercises with our experienced instructors and independent tasks to reinforce
your learning. After each exercise, you will have the opportunity to
interpret and discuss results within a group setting.

A background in biology, particularly genetics, is recommended. While a
basic familiarity with R programming and Unix will be helpful, our course
will provide ample support for learners at varying levels of experience.

For the full list of our our courses and workshops, please have a look at:
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/

Best regards,
Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR
infophysalia-courses.org
mobile: +49 17645230846

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team